We are looking for an experienced estimator to join our team in Pasadena. Apply directly to Jim Brain - email@example.com
- Prepares detailed, organized and complete quantity take-offs
- Develops and maintains subcontractor relationships
- Prepares and distributes bid packages, ensures minimum coverage for each sub-trade
- Develops Scopes of Work and Bid Evaluations for sub-trades
The competencies listed below are required to be used for this position.
- Is extremely detail oriented, as shown by not missing aspects of job pricing.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills as shown by:
- extensive use of RR's server for organizing and storing all estimation related documents;
- cleanly presented proposals
- clear tracking of how proposals have changed through re-bidding processes.
- Displays strong IT skillsas shown by:
- advanced knowledge of Excel, including how to use formulas;
- ability to use Microsoft Word and Outlook efficiently; and
- proficiency with at least one estimating specific software such as OST or techniques for estimating with a general software, such as Bluebeam or MS Project.
- Displays strong communication skills as shown by:
- concise, to the point, spell checked, and considerate emails;
- the ability to listen attentively and document important points from conversations; and
- prompt responses to phone messages, text messages, faxes, and emails.
- Able to employ effective problem solving skills, as shown by communication and documentation of a problem, and communication and documentation of how that problem was resolved successfully.
- Clearly developed interpersonal skills, as shown by the maintenance of excellent relationships with other RR employees, subcontractors, clients, and architects.
Education and Experience
Preferred candidates will have:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in construction, engineering, or construction management; or
- Construction related continuing education credits or certificates (e.g., LEED certification).
- 5+ years’ experience as an Estimator in a commercial construction context.
- Knowledgeable about the overall process of construction from project start to close out
- Experience estimating several commercial projects at once, and with estimating projects between $1 million and up to $20 million.
- Very strong experience with Excel, Word, MS Project, and Outlook.